Finals are coming! Again!!!

Hola,

Alright ladies and gents it is time to buckle your seat belts because we are in for a bumpy ride.

Here we are again, that time of the year when the hours of sleep decrease while the amount of espresso consumption increases dramatically, sort of like an inverse correlation.

Everyone back home in California has this assumption that finals abroad are super easy because they’re not like regular finals. Well let me tell you, finals abroad are actually just as tough, if not tougher, than “regular” finals. What makes them even harder is that UC Merced is on the semester system, but abroad  having 5 weeks for a class is a whole lot different than the 16 weeks I am used to at UC Merced.

Just like Rome, not only do we have 3 hour final exams coming up but we also have to turn in our 5-10 page research papers. I guess it is safe to say that no one will be going out anytime soon.

IMG671785835

As the countdown begins for the students who are on the quarter program to go home, the countdown to finals begins for everyone else!

Just one more week and 80% of our fellow students will be flying home back to the States while the remaining 20% of us stay for another 6 weeks or so. While I am sad that I will be saying goodbye to many of my friends, I am really glad school is finally over since it gives me more time to focus on my internship and explore the city.

But first things first – we have to survive finals week!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s