Approximately 28 Days from now I will be setting foot in LAX. 28 days…doesn’t really seem like much at first, but when you really think about it, it can be a really long time.
A lot can happen in 28 days.
For example it takes 28 days days to do the following:
- Form a new habit (21 days to break a habit)
- Lose 12 pounds (on average)
- Walk from UC Merced to Mexico City (assuming you don’t stop walking)
- A zombie virus can infect the whole of Great Britain! (See what I did there!?)
As of now I don’t know how exactly I feel about the program ending in 28 days, and I am not the only one as the majority of my program participants feel the same.
I am as excited as I am sad. A part of me wants to go home to my beautiful Merced, but then again a part of me wants to stay longer. It feels as if I have been gone an eternity even though it has only been 3 months.
I am not sure what to expect when I return, but I do know what I want.
In no particular order the things I miss most are:
- Mexican food
- Dining Commons food (believe it or not)
- My fraternity brothers
- My family
- And of course my lovely girlfriend!
These are just a few of the things that I dearly miss.
In the remainder of the 28-ish days I will be completing my internship, finishing up one class about the workforce in Spain, and of course enjoying every bit of Spain as I possibly can. I might not be taking super luxurious trips but I promise you I will enjoy the little things.